What are NVQ's and Apprenticeships?
What is an NVQ?
What is an Apprenticeship?
- NVQ for subject type
- Keyskills for Application of Number and Communication. Some qualifications include Information, Communication and Technology.
- Some apprenticeships have a Technical Certificate also known as BTEC's attached to the programmes. The BTEC is to assist further knowledge within the industry of the Apprenticeship.
- Work-Skills assist learning for employment rights and responsibilities and personal learning and thinking skills.
- Your eligibility for funding
- Take part in a discussion to allow information, advice and guidance to be given, ensuring you are signed up to the right course
- Complete a numeracy and literacy initial assessment
- Take part in a Training Needs Analysis to establish if you have any training needs which will help you gain the underpinning knowledge required to assist you in your current job role
- Agree qualification and training followed by an induction to the programme
- Allocation of an Assessor who will contact you to arrange a first meeting
- Introduction to your chosen qualification and selection of units
- Look at the types of evidence you can use towards your qualification
- Review your progression
- Plan further progression
- Review any training delivered
- Carry out a task that relates to the qualification being delivered. These stages will continue until completion.
Internal Verification (IV) & Sign-Off
- Once your qualification has been completed our IV's (quality assurance) will check the work submitted and confirm your Assessor's decision of completion
- Certificate claimed